In order to protect the health and safety of our community, the families we serve and our staff during this time, Joldersma & Klein Funeral Home has implemented the following policies. These will remain in effect until further notice.
- Whenever possible arrangement conferences will be held via phone and email.
- If it is necessary for the arrangement conference to take place at the funeral home, we are limiting the number of participants to three people.
- Private family viewing/identification of unembalmed remains prior to cremation is suspended.
- Private viewing of embalmed remains of a loved one can take place at the funeral home but is limited to the immediate family only (no more than 10 persons). Social distancing guidelines recommended.
- No public services are able to be held but can be scheduled after the pandemic crisis subsides.
- Private graveside services for the immediate family only (no more than 10 persons) will be allowed at cemeteries if the cemetery does not have a more stringent policy in place. Social distancing guidelines recommended.
We are following all guidelines recommended by local, state and federal health officials and governing agencies. Our staff is practicing frequent hand washing and social distancing. We are disinfecting and sanitizing our facility before and after each family visits. If you have questions about these policies, please feel free to call at 269.343.2628.
We also offer affordable Direct Cremation services. Some families chose this type of service out of personal preference, and others out of a financial need, in either case, we work hard to keep the cost of our direct cremation low, and promise the same service and personal attention we give to all families.
STARTING AT: $1995.00
Direct Cremation Information
If you or a loved one is interested in Direct Cremation and would like more information, please contact us by phone or email. Please note, no out of town solicitor or salesperson will call or send information.
Total Charge of All Inclusive Direct Cremation $ 1995.00 Includes:
► Basic Service Charge of Funeral Director, Staff & Overhead
- Includes arrangement conference with licensed funeral director, filing of all necessary paperwork including Social Security Form, Death Certificate, Cremation Authorization Form, VA Benefit Applications, help with Obituary and Memorial Donations
► Removal from place of passing
► Transfer of deceased to crematory
► One half hour of private family viewing when possible (signed waiver required)
► Alternative Container (Required by crematory)
► Crematory Fee
► Medical Examiner Permit Fee
► Michigan Sales Tax
► Free posting of Obituary on our website
Michigan Direct Cremation Useful Information
Michigan State Law requires that three documents be signed before any cremation can take place; a Cremation authorization, Death certificate, and Medical Examiner’s Permit (authorizing cremation).
Neither a Casket nor Embalming are required by law for a direct cremation. However, the crematory does require an alternative container be used for the cremation process. This container is included in the cost of our direct cremation fee.
In the state of Michigan, it is against the law for a funeral home to own or operate a crematory. All Michigan funeral homes must use a third party business for cremation. Joldersma & Klein has used Central Michigan Crematory in Battle Creek for decades, and has a long established relationship of trust and respect with their firm.
You are not required to bury cremated remains, however, should you choose to, certain cemeteries do require the use of an urn and/or Urn Vault.
Can I see my loved one before he or she is cremated?
► Yes- Many families choose to have a visitation and/or a funeral service with their loved ones present, prior to the cremation process (embalming required).
► When possible, Joldersma & Klein offers its Direct Cremation Families, a private immediate family only, ½ hour viewing (waiver required) prior to the funeral arrangement process at the funeral home. (Contact Funeral Home for Questions)
(Please note that our Direct Cremation Fee does NOT include an obituary, rites or services, and certified copies of a death certificate.)
Our Funeral Services
Joldersma & Klein Pricing List
Below are PDF packages with pricing to assist you: