In order to protect the health and safety of our community, the families we serve and our staff during this time, Joldersma & Klein Funeral Home has implemented the following policies. These will remain in effect until further notice.
- Whenever possible arrangement conferences will be held via phone and email.
- If it is necessary for the arrangement conference to take place at the funeral home, we are limiting the number of participants to three people.
- Private family viewing/identification of unembalmed remains prior to cremation is suspended.
- Viewing of embalmed remains of a loved one can take place at the funeral home but is limited to the immediate family only (no more than 10 persons). Social distancing guidelines recommended.
- No public services are able to be held indoors but can be scheduled after the pandemic crisis subsides.
- Graveside services for up to 100 people will be allowed at cemeteries if the cemetery does not have a more stringent policy in place. Social distancing guidelines recommended.
- Face masks are required to be worn inside our facility.
We are following all guidelines recommended by local, state and federal health officials and governing agencies. Our staff is practicing frequent hand washing and social distancing. We are disinfecting and sanitizing our facility before and after each family visits. If you have questions about these policies, please feel free to call at 269.343.2628.
Our Response to COVID-19
At Joldersma & Klein, we are committed to the safety and welfare of the communities and families we serve. Therefore, we are adhering closely to CDC guidelines and directives given from local, state and federal authorities.
On April 9, 2020, Michigan’s governor signed Executive Order No. 2020-42 which prohibited all public events and extended the stay-at-home order. Although the stay-at-home order has been rescinded, indoor gatherings of more than 10 people are still prohibited.
We understand the importance of funerals and memorial services and the effect this may have but remain dedicated to serving families in our community.
Please feel free to contact us with your questions or concerns.
Joldersma and Klein Funeral Home, “When you want to be treated like family!”